A state, federal, and locally funded program, the IHSS is created to pay part of the home care services acquired by eligible participants who may use it as an alternative to senior living facilities and other out of home programs. The activities included in this program are basic and are provided according to the care requirements of the individual.
Here are its inclusions:
- Grocery shopping
- Help with breathing equipment
- Toileting or incontinence-related needs
- Meal preparation and clean up
- Transportation to medical appointments
- Spoon feeding
- Dressing assistance
- Medication management
- Tooth, nail, and hair care
- Bathing and hygiene tasks
To know more about the IHSS program coverage and eligibility, you may send us a message here.